I love all sorts of vegetables and roasting them are as easy as it gets. I did these in a wood burning oven, but a regular home oven at 450 F will accomplish the same goal–rich flavor and a little bit of a toasted crust. I cook vegetables like this at least twice a week to have in my fridge to snack on.
Romanesco, home of the beautiful fractal and crunchy nuttiness. Cut the broccolini pretty thinly so that all parts of it get a nice char.If you have extra, it is always great to have this the next day served cold with a fresh squeeze of lemon.
– 2 lb. Romanesco
– 2 lb. Broccolini
– 2 lemons (1 for juice, 1 for zest)
– 2 Tbsp. dried herbs such as rosemary, marjoram, thyme or oregano
– A couple of glugs of olive oil
– Healthy pinch of red pepper flakes
1) Wash the vegetables and cut into roughly equal size pieces. Place in a large bowl.
2) Toss the vegetables in olive oil, lemon zest, herb mix, and red pepper flakes. Make sure all vegetables are coated and that the herbs are spread accordingly.
3) Roast for 15-20 minutes depending upon desired level of crunchiness and char.
4) Squeeze lemon juice and serve nice and hot.