These are one of my favorite snacks and take almost no time. I always order Shishitos at the sushi bar when available. Shishitos are great when you want something healthy but don’t want to be cooking for a long time. Make sure your pan is real hot, then munch away!
Cook them in olive oil till the skin blisters. Add sea salt at the very end of cooking.When you add the bonito flakes they will writhe and dance because of the heat emanating from the peppers. Some dramatic flair for your snack.
– 1 lb. Shishito peppers
– 1 Tbsp. roasted sesame seeds
– Sea Salt
– 1 Tbsp. olive oil for pan
– 1 Tbsp. bonito flakes
1) Wash and dry peppers.
2) Heat pan on high, preferably a cast iron pan or a grill pan, till it is piping hot. Add olive oil and add peppers. Stir.
3) Cook till peppers are blistered on most sides, approximately 5 minutes. Add sea salt during last 30 seconds of cooking and mix.
4) Place on serving plate. Immediately sprinkle with sesame seeds, then cover with bonito flakes. If you have a cold Sapporo around, open it.