I just found out that Jerusalem Artichokes and Sunchokes are the same thing via the farmer at the farmers’ market. Good to know, but they are still just as delicious. I normally have what I thought was one or the other fried at restaurants. Here, I try to prepare them in a healthier manner without losing that taste. Keep them a bit crisp on the inside, they have amazing flavor.
Two varieties. Wash them well so you can enjoy the skins.Slice as bite size pieces.Fresh Sage & Savory with Paprika.Enjoy the crusty skins without having to fry.
– 3 Lbs. Jerusalem Artichokes/Sunchokes
– 1 Bushel savory
– 1 Bushel sage
– 2 tsp. paprika
– 3 Glugs olive oil
– Sea Salt & Pepper
1) Wash sunchokes. Cut into 1 x 1 inch pieces. Place in mixing bowl.
2) Wash and dry herbs. Slice sage into thin strips. Remove savory leaves and roughly dice. Sprinkle into mixing bowl.
3) Top with olive oil and paprika. Mix well.
4) Place in baking pan. Top with a couple of pinches of sea salt and fresh pepper.
5) Bake at 450 F for 20-25 minutes.