My favorite hotel in Mexico introduced me to this salsa/sauce. I had it so often with everything they gave me the recipe. Enjoy this with chips, nachos, quesadillas, tacos, chicken, or anything. Use it within the first couple of days though, the beer should still be fresh. If not, freeze it and take it out for parties.
Try to get the best tomatoes possible, even though it is hard this time of year.Roast them till they are wilted but still juicy.I use two jalapenos, but feel free to go harder. Use a dark beer like Negra Modelo, you want that richness in the sauce.Here, it is paired with quesadillas. Also great on fish tacos.
– 8 Tomatoes
– 4 White onions
– 6 Garlic cloves
– 2 Jalapeños
– 1 tsp. cumin
– 1 Bushel cilantro
– Sea Salt
– 1 12 Oz. Negra Modelo
1) Wash tomatoes and cut into quarters. Peel onions and cut into quarters. Place on baking pan. Sprinkle with a generous amount of sea salt.
2) Peel garlic and gently smash. Remove jalapeño stems and cut jalapeño in half. Place these on top of tomatoes and onions.
3) Bake at 450 F for 30 minutes. Remove from oven.
4) Place all ingredients in food processor or blender. Add diced cilantro.
5) Blend till smooth but not liquid. Place in fridge till cool.