This dish is as simple as they come. All it takes is a small amount of effort and you’ll have a bright and comforting salad. The salad is served warm with the radish greens mixed in making it even more nutritious. It feels good using the whole plant too.
Rinse the radishes well.Keep some of the green tops on the bulbs.The greens can be dirty so I soak mine quickly after washing.The radish greens taste kind of like arugula–peppery and great flavor.
– 2 Bunches of Radishes (Approximately 30 bulbs, Keep the green leaves)
– 2 Lemons
– Sea Salt
– Fresh Ground Pepper
– Olive Oil
1) Rinse radishes along with the greens. Cut radish bulbs away from the greens, leaving approximately 1/3 of an inch of the stems. Rinse bulbs again as there will be dirt inside the stems. Place on a paper towel to dry.
2) Cut radish bulbs in half keeping the small stem portions. Place in mixing bowl. Top with 1 Tbsp. of olive oil. Top with a generous amount of sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Mix well. Place on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet spread so that none are touching.
3) Heat radishes at 450 F for 15 minutes.
4) While radishes are roasting, rinse radish greens again and place in a bowl filled with cold water. Mix around and remove any non-desirable leaves.
5) Remove radish greens from water and place on paper towel to dry. Then roughly chop. You want to use about 1 1/2 cups of chopped radish greens but feel free to use more if you want your salad to have more greens to it.
6) Remove radishes from oven. Place in a serving bowl and immediately top with the juice of 1 1/2 lemons. Top with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Toss. If you use more of the chopped greens, I’d add that last half of lemon.
7) Add radish greens to radishes along with 1 tsp. olive oil and mix well. Serve warm. If you have extra, it is still great cold the next day so don’t worry about doubling the recipe.
I love radish! This looks so tasty!